Friday, July 22, 2005

Depeche Mode Precious

Things get damaged, things get broken...
I thought we'd manage but words left unspoken
Left us so brittle... there was so little left to give.


Not since Black Celebration has a Depeche Mode song left me so deeply affected. It has left me feeling like I'm back in high school. Then, I was filled with uncertainties that seemed like I would be drowned out of existence. Words cannot express how many different ways the lyrics to this song touched me in so many different ways.

Not since the release of Violator have I looked so forward to a new album by this band. If the rest of the songs on this album are half as good as this song, it's going to be a very special album for longtime fans. Thank you, guys.

UPDATE: Rejoice, seekers of "Precious" fortune. The band has brought forth the single to the masses. Go download it on iTunes now!

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Blogger Just Somebody said...

I can only agree 100%

'Precious' has had quite a few plays so far and it's the most Mode that they've sounded probably since Wilder left. It's certainly the most Gahan has sounded like his earlier days for a good long time.

I'm scared to think ahead too much for the album yet in case it turns out to not be a good representation.....but I have my fingers crossed.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home